City Hall

city hall Seen here as it appeared in 1890, City Hall is the heart of Oswego City Government; nearly all government offices are located within its walls. Designed by well known central New-York architect Horatio N. White, the building was constructed of Onondoga limestone in 1870. Notice the slate mansard roof and central clocktower, which accentuates the building's height. The building, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, underwent a multi-million dollar restoration in 1980 to add an elevator, expand office space and return the exterior to its original appearance. In 1991, a Civic Plaza was constructed which further beautified City Hall's downtown site.

Click Here To Read About the Construction of City Hall
Click Here To Read The Architectual Characteristics of City Hall
   

 

HOMEBackContact Us

Return to top

© 2004, City of Oswego. No portion may be reproduced without written permission.

SyracuseDesign.com