Accessibility Statement for oswegony.org
City of Oswego is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Oswegony.org is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of oswegony.org. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on oswegony.org:
- Phone: (315) 342-8136
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Visitor address: 13 West Oneida Street, Oswego, NY 13126
We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
oswegony.org is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer and JAWS
- Mozilla Firefox and NVDA
- Chrome and TalkBack for Android devices
- Safari and VoiceOver for iOS and macOS devices
oswegony.org is not compatible with:
- Browsers older than 2 major versions
Accessibility of oswegony.org relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of oswegony.org, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for oswegony.org:
- Website content: We can not always guarantee all content will meet compliance standards because not all site contributors and editors are experts in WCAG 2.0 AA compliance. We monitor content and will typically repair issues within 60 days. Please use the contact information above if you encounter an issue.
Several Google Maps controls (Zoom In, Zoom Out, Fullscreen) are missing alt text for the image icons and is a limitation of the Google plugin.
Please use the contact information above in the Feedback section if you encounter an issue and it's a problem for you. We will gladly get you the information you need.
City of Oswego assessed the accessibility of oswegony.org by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
This statement was created on 11 July 2019